Green Peas in Peanut Curry
Recipe type: Curries
You would have tried cooking the ever-popular green peas in various forms, ranging from tomato to coconut based ones. Here is a strikingly flavourful preparation of green peas cooked with a paste of peanuts and onions. While cumin seeds and coriander leaves impart a tempting aroma to this dish, a dash of lemon juice adds an irresistible tang that complements the nutty flavour very well indeed. Serve the Green Peas in Peanut Curry piping hot with rotis or puris.
- 2 cups boiled green peas
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- To Be Blended Into A Smooth Paste
- ¾ cup raw peanuts (unpeeled)
- 1 cup roughly chopped onions
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared paste, salt and 1 cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.