Recipe type: Curries
A simple maharashtrian delicacy, rustled up in a jiffy to enrich your diet with iron and folic acid.
- ¾ cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Combine the besan with 1½ cups of water in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, green chillies and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared besan-water mixture, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.