Mixed Vegetables in Coconut Gravy
Recipe type: Curries
This mixed vegetables in coconut gravy is a great combination of dry spices and coconut milk with mixed vegetables. Worth a try !
- 2 cups chopped and boiled mixed vegetables
- ¾ cup readymade coconut milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 4 curry leaves (kadi patta) , roughly chopped
- ¾ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- For The Paste
- 6 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp raw peanuts
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal (daria)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- For Serving
- sliced onion
- For the paste:
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using little water. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the curry leaves, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed vegetables, salt, coconut milk, ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice, papad and onions.