Recipe type: Curries
Paneer Bhurji is a quick and versatile dish that is just so delicious! Make it with homemade paneer or store bought paneer for a meal in a flash. For everyone who missed out on Egg Bhurji because you don’t eat eggs, this paneer bhurji (bhujjia) recipe is a fabulous alternative. Enjoy it with roti or chapati or use it as a filling for kathi rolls or puff pastry. Any way you choose to have it, panir bhurji is loaded with protein and goodness.
- Paneer – 14 ounce pkg, grated, crumbled or roughly food processed
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – ½ medium, finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
- Garlic – 1 tsp, minced
- Tomatoes – 2 medium or 1 large, chopped
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masla – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
- Add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Add Onions, Turmeric Powder, Ginger and Garlic and saute for 1-2 mins until Onions are translucent.
- Add Tomatoes and Green Chilies and cook for 2-3 minutes until Tomatoes are soft.
- Add Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder and Salt. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add crumbled Paneer and mix until Paneer is well coated with the masala.
- Cover and allow the Paneer to heat through (2-3 minutes).
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot with roti or chapati.