Paneer Makhani Butter Masala
Recipe type: Curries
paneer makhni as the name suggests is a very rich subzi from the lap of the punjab. one of punjabi cuisines most loved ingredients butter. In traditional punjabi houses, the women folk make pure white butter from thick creamy milk.Soft paneer chunks are dunked into a rich tomato based gravy a must try for all paneer lovers!
- Whole Garam Masala (each) 3 Grams
- Sugar ½ Teaspoons
- Tomatoes 400 Grams
- Butter 2 Teaspoons
- Green Chilly 20 Grams
- Kashmiri Red Chilly 30 Grams
- Cashew Nuts 50 Grams
- Onions 100 Grams
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Kasoori Methi 1 Tablespoons
- Paneer 250 Grams
- Ginger Juliennes 1 inch Piece
- Add whole garma masala in the muslin cloth and tie it .Heat butter in a pressure cooker and put the garam masala sachet in it,
- add onions cashew nuts, sauté it for 5 minutes, then add salt, ginger garlic paste, cook this till raw flavour is gone.
- Add colour giving chilli or Kashmiri red chilly, green chilly, tomatoes,
- mix it well and put the lid on and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a slow flame (5 to 6 whistles). Let it cool down, remove the sachet & using strainer drain out the water and put the onion
- and tomato into the blender and blend them and make a paste and again strain it, after straning all, discard the seeds and peels of tomato. Cook the strained paste of tomatoes and onions for 20 minutes then
- add salt, sugar as required , mix it and add toasted kasoori methi (cursh it with hands) once it comes to boil switch off the flame.
- Cool it and store in small containers in refrigeration conditions. Use this makhani gravy in many veg and non veg dishes.
- Heat butter in a pan add cream mix it with the butter, add makhani gravy, add pinch of sugar, ginger juliennes,
- add paneer (cut them into length wise and deep fry them) cook this in a slow flame once it comes to boil and then switch off the flame.