Pyazwali Bhindi ( Healthy Heart)
Recipe type: Curries
A perfect low calorie version of the famous north-indian delicacy in which the ladies finger is tossed with sautéed onions. Traditionally the bhindis are deep-fried to whip up this delicacy. Here is a heart-friendly variation to enjoy your favourite subzi and yet keep a check on calories as well as fat.
- 2 cups chopped ladies finger (bhindi)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 cup onions , chopped
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ cup low fat curds (dahi)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add the onions, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and cook till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the bhindi and cook over medium flame till they are soft.
- Add the curds and salt and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas.