Roasted Eggplant Subzi
Recipe type: Curries
Here is a super healthy Eggplant recipe that will have you craving for more. Simple is the perfect way to describe this no-frills dish made with just roasting eggplant and throwing very few ingredients that we always have on hand.
- Eggplant/Brinjal/Aubergine/Baingan – 1 lb (approx 500gm)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – ⅛th tsp (optional)
- Onion – ½ large/1/2 lb (approx 250gm)
- Garlic – 3-4 large cloves /1 tbsp
- Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lime/ Lemon Juice – to taste
- Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (approx 200 degrees C).
- Line the baking pan with foil.
- Coat the Eggplant with a little Oil and bake it for 1 hour.
- Once out of the oven, allow it to cool down and trim off the stem portion.
- Peel the skin off and transfer the flesh/meat to another bowl.
- Roughly chop so that there it is not fiberous.
- In a pan, heat Oil.
- Add in Asafoetida(optional) and right after that add in the Onions, Garlic, Green Chillies and Turmeric Powder.
- Add in some Salt, mix well and allow them it to cook till the Onions get a little translucent.
- Add in the Eggplant and allow it to heat up all the way through.
- Add in Lemon/Lime Juice and Cilantro. Mix well.
- Serve hot with Chapatis or Parathas.