Tindora and channa masala
Recipe type: Curries
combination of tindora and channadal with spices recipe thanks to Swati Kapse
- Tindora 1 Lbs
- Channadal ½ Cup
- Chopped Onion 1 Numbers
- Tomatoes 2 Small
- Curry Leaves 1 Springs
- Red Chilli Whole 2 ml
- Mustard Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Hing 1 Pinch
- Crushed Garlic 3 Clove
- Turmeric 1 Pinch
- Chilli Pdr ¼ Teaspoons
- Coriander Pdr 1 Teaspoons
- Garam Masala Pdr 1 Pinch
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Salt 1 To Taste
- Coriander Leaves 1 Springs
- First take the chana dal and boil it with enough water.the chana dal should be cooked but not mashy.
- Put the oil in the pan and once heated add whole red chillies and mustard seeds.when the seeds crackle add
- cumin seeds.then add the crushed garlic and saute for few seconds,then add the onions and little salt.
- when the onions are slightly cooked add the hing and turmeric.add the curry leaves.
- Then add the tomatoes,red chillie powder,coriander powder mix it and add the tindoras to it.add some water and salt to it.
- Cover the pan and let it cook till the tomatoes and tindoras are cookes for @ 15 mins.
- When cooked add the cooked chana dal with its water.add pinch of fennel powder and the garam masala.add
- the butter and let it cook for another 10 to 15 mins till everything is cooked and mixed well.
- The dal should not be too thin or too thick but of saucy consistency.
- When cooked check seasonings and garnish it with coriander.