Recipe type: Curries
- Turmeric Powder 2 Teaspoons
- Asafoetida 1 Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds 2 Teaspoons
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar 1 Teaspoons
- Green Chilies 3-4 Numbers
- Garlic 2-3 Clove
- Bengal Gram, Split (Chana Dal), 2 Cup
- Shredded Coconut And Coriander Leaves To Taste
- Wash and soak split chana dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain water and grind it along with chilies to make a coarse paste. Use as little water as possible for grinding. Crush garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add asafoetida, turmeric powder and crushed garlic.
- Now add ground dal, salt, sugar and stir.
- Keep mixing the dal so that it will not stick to the bottom. After some time, all the water contents dry out.
- Cover for a min. Remove the lid and stir. Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves. Serve hot.