Vegetable and lentil curry
Recipe type: Curries
Bring us your time-poor, your hungry, your tired and we'll fix them in a flash with this easy to make vegetable and lentil curry.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 300g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 150g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 baby eggplant, sliced
- 415g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- Fresh coriander leaves, plain yoghurt and steamed rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in capsicum, cauliflower, mushroom, eggplant, tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beans and lentils. Cook for 3 minutes or until beans are tender and lentils heated through.
- Serve with coriander, yoghurt and rice.