Egg Paratha or Baida Roti Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
- or the dough:
- 2 cups wheat flour
- ¾ to 1 cup water
- 2 tsp ghee or oil
- salt as required
- For the egg mixture:
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium size onion, chopped finely
- 1 or 2 green chilies, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped celery (optional)
- ½ inch ginger, chopped finely
- ¼ to ½ tsp red chilli powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- salt as required
- oil or butter or ghee as required for frying the parathas
- Making the dough:
- Mix together all the dry ingredients for the dough.
- Add some water and knead into a smooth and pliable dough.
- Add more water if the dough is dry or stiff.
- Cover and keep aside.
- Making the egg mixture:
- Break the eggs in a bowl.
- Add all the chopped onions, chilies, ginger, cilantro, celery and the spice powders and salt to the eggs well.
- Whisk this mixture well.
- Preparing the Parathas:
- On a rolling board, take a medium size ball of the dough.
- First we will make the parathas. Now you can make the Parathas in two ways…. One is the folding method and the other is the layer method.
- Or just make a simple chapati....
- You have to make the paratha one at a time and fry it.
- When the paratha is is getting cooked on the griddle, you prepare another paratha and so on.
- Heat the tava or griddle.
- Take the rolled paratha and keep it on the tava.
- Cook the parathas on a medium flame.
- Pour some oil or ghee on the sides of the paratha and let it cook till its ¾ cooked.
- Pour 4-5 tbsp of the egg mixture on the paratha which is half cooked.
- You should be able to see brown spots on the paratha on both sides.
- Spread the egg mixture on one side of the paratha with the help of a spoon.
- Pour some oil or ghee on the egg mixture as well.
- Turn over.
- Now the egg mixture is getting cooked below.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee on the sides.
- Flip and let the base cook for some seconds.
- Flip again and cook the egg mixture again.
- Once the egg paratha is cooked well… that is when it is browned well, the egg mixture has also browned and cooked – like an omlette.. than the parathas are done.
- Serve the Egg Parathas or Baida Roti hot.