Instant Cabbage Dosa
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cabbage is roughly chopped and ground into paste along with green chiles. The ground cabbage is then mixed with rice flour and spices and made into a batter. The cabbage dosa batter is then poured onto a hot flat pan and cooked till done. Serve instant cabbage dosa instantly as it is or with coconut chutney.
- Cabbage ¼ of Small Head
- Rice Flour ½ Cup
- Green Chiles 1 – 2
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Curry Leaves 5
- Oil 2 tsps
- Remove outer leaves, wash and roughly chop cabbage.
- Remove stems, wash and slice the green chiles.
- Grind cabbage and green chiles into paste adding little water if required.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together rice flour, cabbage green chile mixture, cumin seeds, curry leaves and salt.
- Pour around a cup of water and make it into somewhat thin batter.
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- When pan gets hot, pour a ladle full of cabbage dosa batter in circular motion.
- Don’t disturb the batter once it hits the pan.
- Simmer for a minute, drizzle few drops of oil around the edges of dosa.
- When dosa turns golden brown, turn the dosa on other side.
- Fry the dosa on medium high heat for a minute.
- Remove the cabbage dosa on to a plate.
- Repeat the same with remaining batter.
- Serve instant cabbage dosa instantly as it is or with coconut chutney.
Make sure dosa is cooked well before removing from heat. Suggestions: If dosa breaks down, you might need to a little more rice flour in the batter. If dosa is too thick, adjust the cabbage dosa batter with little water.