Masoor Dal Delight
Recipe type: Breakfast
This very healthy dal. There are many health benefits. I tried this making tasty also.
- 1 cup masoor dal (split red lentil)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- a pinch chilli powder
- salt to taste
- For Garnishing
- chopped coriander (dhania)
- freshly grated coconut
- Soak the masoor dal for 2-3 hrs. Then drain and keep aside.
- Take a kadhai and put oil when oil becomes hot add thr mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, hing, turmeic powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and soaked masoor dal.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook covered and sp
- Transfer from kadhai to serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.