Palak Methi Dumplings
Recipe type: Snacks
A healthy and delicious steamed snack, quite similar to the famous gujarati muthias. Made of wholesome whole wheat flour and protein-rich besan, these palak methi dumplings combine a generous amount of nutritious spinach and fenugreek leaves too. Mildly-spiced yet aromatic and flavourful, these dumplings will be loved by young and old alike, and hence a brilliant means of including greens in your diet.
- 2 cups shredded spinach (palak)
- 1½ cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- ½ cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 pinches of soda- bi carb
- oil for greasing
- For Serving
- green chutney
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and knead into a very soft dough using little water approx. 3 tbsp.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a round dumpling.
- Arrange 7 dumplings on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 to make 1 more batch of 7 more dumplings.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.