Recipe type: Breakfast
A different type of sandwich.
- 5 brown bread slices
- 5 white bread slices
- 5 tsp butter
- 5 tsp tomato ketchup
- For the potato tikis
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3 chopped green chillies
- ¾ cup boiled and mashed green peas
- 3 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- For garnishing
- grated carrots
- finely chopped lettuce leaves
- For the potato tikis:
- Cut the potatoes into very small pieces.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds until they turn brown.
- Add the green chillies and fry again for a while.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 5 small flat thin circles. If you find it difficult to shape, add 1 tablespoon of cornflour.
- How to proceed:
- Cut each brown bread and white bread slice into one small round.
- Apply butter on one side of each white bread round and tomato sauce on one side of each brown bread round.
- Put the potato tiki on the buttered side of each white bread round.
- Sprinkle grated carrots and lettuce side of each white bread round.
- Cover with the brown bread rounds (with the tomato sauce side on the inside ) to make the sandwiches