Recipe type: Dessert
Take everyday ingredients, then let your microwave work its magic to create these classic teatime treats.
- 2 x 275g pkts frozen sweet tart cases
- 60g butter
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 1 tbs custard powder
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- Bake the tart cases following packet directions or until light golden.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl on High/800watts/100% for 40 seconds. Whisk in the sugar, cornflour and custard powder to make a paste. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 40 seconds.
- Whisk in water. Cook on High/800watts/ 100% for 40 seconds. Whisk in lemon juice. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 1 minute. Whisk. Repeat until the mixture thickens slightly. Whisk in the milk, then the egg. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 40 seconds.
- Pour the mixture among the tart cases. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.