Key lime pie
Recipe type: sweets
Traditional key lime pie is simply sensational.
- 200g wheatmeal or Granita biscuits
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 395g can condensed milk
- ⅔ cup (160ml) cream
- Finely grated rind and juice of 4 limes
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line base of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Process biscuits until fine crumbs. Add almonds, sugar and butter, process until combined. Press mixture firmly into the base and 3cm up sides of tin. Refrigerate.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream, lime rind and juice until smooth. Pour into biscuit crust.
- Place on tray and bake for 40-45 mins or until set. Cool. Serve with extra lime slices.