Rava Cake Basbousa
Recipe type: Dessert
Rava Cake, popularly known as Basbousa are small cakes made of semolina soaked in simple syrup. Sometimes coconut added and flavoured with either orange flower water or rose water. These are perfect with coffee or tea.
- Saffron ½ Grams
- Milk 1 Cup
- Egg 1 Numbers
- Butter (melted) 110 Grams
- Baking Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Sugar ¾ Cup
- All Purpose Flour ½ Cup
- Desiccated Coconut 1½ Cup
- Semolina (rava) 1¼ Cup
- Almond Essence 3 Drops
- Sugar For Syrup 1½ Cup
- Water For Syrup 1½ Cup
- Lemon Juice For Syrup ½ Teaspoons
- Rose Water 1 Teaspoons
- Take a bowl add semolina (rava), desiccated coconut,
- all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, egg, milk with saffron, almond essence,
- mix this like a soft dough, put the dough into oven proof casserole then level it off, pre cut the top of the basbousa,
- bake them at 190 c for 40 minutes till golden colour on top.
- Sugar syrup: Heat a pan add sugar, water, lemon juice cook it for 5 minutes and add rose water,
- Pour the sugar syrup on the top of the basbousa and arrange the almonds on the diamond cut,
- put this in the oven another 15 minutes.