Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 12-ounce bag dairy-free chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1 8-ounce tub dairy-free cream cheese (try Tofutti or Follow Your Heart)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, peppermint, or almond extract
- Topping Suggestions
- High-quality cocoa powder
- Chopped nuts
- Dried, shredded coconut
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, until smooth and silky. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese in a stand-mixer or food processor. Slowly add the sugar and beat until well mixed. Add the melted chocolate chips to the cream cheese mixture and blend until well mixed. If using flavors, add to the mixture and process for 30 seconds more. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and chill for about 1 hour.
- Once firm, scoop and roll the mixture into bite-sized balls. Pour the cocoa powder, nuts, or coconut into a shallow bowl and roll the truffles into them. Place the truffles on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- If using a chocolate coating, melt the cup of chocolate chips in the double boiler. Dip the truffles into the melted chocolate and place on a tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Keep chilled until serving.