Carrot and Coriander Roti
Recipe type: kids
Colourful and nutritious, these carrot and coriander infused rotis made of rice flour and soya flour make a perfect mini meal with a bowl of curds and khichdi.
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¼ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- ¼ cup soya flour
- ½ tsp green chilli paste
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- rice flour (chawal ka atta) for rolling
- oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter, using a little rice flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately.