Corn, Spinach and Penne Lollipops ( Recipe for Toddlers)
Recipe type: kids
Healthy iron and fibre rich lollipops will be surely loved by your kids.
- For The Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- ½ cup milk
- Other Ingredients
- ½ cup cooked sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane) , crushed
- 1 cup cooked penne , finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped and blanched spinach (palak)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¼ tsp finely chopped green chillies (optional)
- 4 tbsp grated processed cheese
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup plain flour (maida) mixed with 3 tbsp of water
- bread crumbs for coating
- oil for deep frying
- bread sticks , cut into pieces
- For the sauce
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the milk and cook over a slow flame till the sauce thickens and no lumps remain. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Mix together the sweet corn, macaroni, spinach, coriander, green chillies, cheese, salt and the prepared sauce in a bowl and mash well.
- Divide the mixture into 40 equal portions and shape each portion into a round balls and insert the bread sticks.
- Dip only the macaroni mixture into the flour paste, coat well with the bread crumbs and keep aside.
- Deep fry the lollies over a high flame till they turn light brown in colour.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.