Cucumber Pancakes ( Tiffin Treats for Kids )
Recipe type: kids
Cucumber pancakes, these unique pancakes with lovely specks of green spinach and cucumber are my personal favourite for their sheer simplicity and ease. To prevent sogginess - remember to squeeze out water from the cucumber and pack the pancakes only after cooling.
- ⅓ cup grated cucumber
- salt to taste
- ½ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 2 tbsp shredded spinach (palak)
- 2 tbsp fresh curds (dahi)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- Combine the cucumber and salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from cucumber and combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add enough water (approx. ¾ cup) and mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), spread a ladleful of batter to make a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
- Cook on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil till it turns light brown in colour on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more pancakes.
- How to pack
- Cool slightly and pack in a tiffin box.