Eggless banana cake recipe
Recipe type: kids
eggless banana cake recipe - quick, easy one bowl cake recipe made with whole wheat flour and bananas. light, soft and moist banana cake without eggs. no special ingredients required.
- 4 medium to large ripe or over ripe bananas - 300 gms or 0.66 lbs
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar
- ⅔ cup any neutral flavored oil (i used sunflower oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 halved walnuts, chopped or any dry fruits of your choice (optional)
- preheat your oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F. if using a regular oven, heat both the top and bottom elements. for a microwave convection oven, just preheat the oven.
- peel and chop the bananas. add them to a bowl and mash them with a fork. you can also use a blender to mash the bananas.
- add sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- stir very well so that the oil mixes with the banana puree and the sugar dissolves.
- sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt directly in the bowl. you can also sieve these separately and then add them to the wet ingredients.
- fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients very well.
- add the chopped walnuts and fold again. apart from walnuts, you can also add raisins, pistachios or any dry fruits of your choice. chocolate chips or cacao nibs can also be added.
- pour the batter in a greased or lined loaf pan ( 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches) or round cake pan (7.5 x 2 inches).
- gently tap and shake the pan. place the pan in the center rack if using a regular oven or OTG.
- bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F for 45 to 50 mins or till tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean. if the top of the cake starts browning then cover the top with an aluminium foil or butter paper. * check notes
- when warm or cooled, slice and serve banana cake plain with tea or coffee.
depending on the temperature in your oven and the size of your pan, the cake might take less or more time than mentioned here. the temperature varies from oven to oven. so take your call and keep an eye. the benchmark is that a tooth pick inserted in the cake should come out clean.