hurda bhajji recipe or hurda pakora
Recipe type: kids
hurda bhajji or pakora – easy to make crisp golden fritters with tender sorghum.
- 1 cup hurda/tender jowar or sorghum grains
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili/hari mirch, chopped
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, finely chopped or grated
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- a pinch of turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- ⅔ to ¾ cup water or as required
- salt as required
- oil for deep frying or shallow frying
- rinse the hurda or tender jowar very well in water. drain and keep aside.
- finely chop the onions, ginger and green chili.
- mix everything in a bowl to a smooth batter except the oil.
- heat the oil for deep frying or shallow frying in a kadai or pan.
- drop spoonfuls of the batter in medium hot oil.
- fry the hurda bhajjis or pakoras till golden and crisp.
- drain the bhajjis on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- serve hurda bhajjis hot or warm with green chutney, peanut thecha or tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup.