Kabuli Chana and Soya Chapati Rolls
Recipe type: kids
This recipe makes a filling and balanced snack in itself. Chapatti provides energy giving carbohydrates; soya rolls are rich sources of protein and calcium whereas vegetables provide vitamins and fibre.
- 6 chapatis , recipe below
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup grated processed cheese (optional)
- For The Chapatis
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Other Ingredients
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- For The Soya Rolls
- ½ cup soaked and boiled kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- ½ cup soya granules
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- For the chapatis:
- Mix the flour, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep for ½ an hour. Knead again.
- Divide into 6 portions and roll out each portion into 6" (150 mm. ) diameter thin rounds with the help of a little whole wheat flour.
- Cook lightly on both sides on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- For the soya rolls:
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water.
- In a blender, blend the kabuli chana, soya granules, green chillies and ginger into a thick, coarse paste.
- Add the mint and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into cylindrical rolls.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the rolls on both sides till they are golden brown. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Place a chapati on a flat surface. Put a soya roll on one end of the chapati and spread ½ tablespoons of chilli sauce over it.
- Sprinkle some cabbage, carrots and cheese on top and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 5 more rolls.
- Place the chapati rolls on a hot tava (griddle) and cook using a little oil till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.