Recipe type: Snacks
Coat healthy homemade popcorn in a gooey, buttery maple coating for a super lunchbox snack.
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- 80g (1/3 cup) popping corn
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir in corn. Cover and cook, shaking pan often, for 3 minutes or until popped. Set aside, stirring occasionally, to cool.
- Stir butter, sugar and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in popcorn. Spread over a tray. Set aside to set. Store popcorn in an airtight container for up to 5 days.