Semolina Pancakes ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
Recipe type: kids
Although very easy and fast, semolina pancakes are very nutritious too as they contain a bouquet of veggies like capsicum, carrots and cabbage, not to forget bean sprouts and spring onions. The crushed peanuts boost the flavour and texture of these pancakes.
- ½ cup semolina (rava)
- ½ cup curds (dahi)
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup capsicum , cut into strips
- ¼ cup carrot , cut into strips
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup sliced spring onions
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- salt and to taste
- Other Ingredients
- oil for cooking
- Wash the semolina. Soak it in the curds and 2 tablespoons of water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the crushed peanuts, salt and pepper and keep the batter aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cabbage, capsicum, carrots, bean sprouts, spring onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- In ¼ portion of the batter, put in ¼ teaspoon fruit salt and mix lightly.
- Pour it on a greased non-stick pan to get a pancake of 3 to 4 mm. Thickness.
- Spread ¼ of the topping mixture on the pancake and allow to cook for some time. Then turn over the pancake and cook the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to get 3 more pancakes.
- Serve hot.
These pancakes taste excellent with Capsico sauce.