Strawberry Stew with Banana Custard
Recipe type: kids
Steaming hot apple stew with chilled vanilla custard is a sweet but healthy treat as the fruit balances the rich custard.
- For the strawberry stew
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- For the banana custard
- ½ cup sliced bananas
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- For the strawberry stew:
- Mix all the ingredients with ¾ cup of water in a vessel and cook till all the moisture evaporates and the strawberries become soft.
- Remove from the flame, divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- For the banana custard:
- Mix the custard powder in ¼ cup milk and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk with the sugar and mix well.
- Add the custard powder mixture and vanilla essence and cook over a low flame, stirring continuously till the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and refrigerate.
- Add the bananas and mix well. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Place a serving of hot strawberry stew in a dessert bowl and pour a portion of chilled custard over it.
- Serve immediately.