Tortilla Chips ( Corn Chips )
Recipe type: kids
Tortillas are the bread of mexico. Crispy tortilla chips can be used to quickly assemble delicious mexican snacks. Deep fry a large batch of these chips and store them in an air-tight container. They keep well for several days.
- 1¼ cups maize flour (makai ka atta)
- ¾ cup plain flour (maida)
- 4 tsp oil
- 1½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- oil for deep-frying
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a dough by adding warm water. Knead very well.
- Divide the dough into small portions. Roll out each portion thinly with the help of a little flour and prick all over with a fork. Cook lightly on tava(griddle)
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Cut into small triangles and deep fry in oil until crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Store in an air-tight container.