Recipe type: salads
Cabbage kachumber, shredded cabbage tempered and spiced up with slit green chillies. It is a quick side dish recipe.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1½ tsp oil
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 3 green chillies
- salt to taste
- ¾ tsp coriander (dhania) seeds powder
- ¾ tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the coriander seeds powder, sugar and lemon juice and mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve immediately.