Recipe type: soups
This piquant soup is ideal for the winter.
- ¾ cup red rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- For serving
- finely chopped tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- chopped coriander (dhania)
- tabasco sauce
- Soak the beans overnight. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the oil, add the onions and fry for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, garlic, chilli powder and salt and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and 6 cups of water and cook in pressure cooker. Blend in a blender.
- Do not strain. Add the lemon juice.
- Serve hot with tomatoes, onions, coriander and Tabasco sauce.