bottle gourd soup recipe
Recipe type: soups
- 1 long bottle gourd/lauki/ghia/dudhi
- 2 onions or 4-5 scallions
- 4-5 garlic
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 3-4 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- rinse the bottle gourd in enough water and peel it. chop the bottle gourd and put it in a pan.
- chop the onions and garlic and also add it to the same pan.
- add enough water just about covering the chopped gourd, onions and garlic.
- cover the pan and steam the veggies for 15-20 mins.
- now let the veggies and stock cool. in a blender or food processor blend the veggies. but keep the stock aside.
- in another pan now heat the olive oil. add the pureed bottle gourd, onion, garlic.
- flavor it with the dry herbs and black pepper and salt.
- add the stock to get the consistency you want and simmer for 5-6 mins.
- before you switch off the fire add the cream cheese. instead of cream cheese you could add some cream and also some cheese.
- give the bottle gourd soup a swirl and serve the soup hot with bread.