palak soup or spinach soup recipe
Recipe type: soups
palak soup – easy and creamy spinach soup.
- 1.5 to 2 cups, chopped spinach/palak
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2-3 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp besan/gram flour
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- 1 or 1.5 tbsp olive oil or butter
- cream for topping (optional)
- some freshly crushed black pepper or grated cheese or paneer/cottage cheese or cream for garnishing (optional)
- salt and pepper as required
- first rinse the spinach/palak leaves very well in water.
- then chop them and keep aside.
- heat oil or butter in a sauce pan.
- add the bay leaf and fry for 2-3 seconds
- now add the chopped garlic and fry till the garlic is light browned or browned.
- don’t burn the garlic.
- fry the garlic on a low flame.
- add chopped onions and saute till the onions are softened.
- add the chopped spinach.
- stir and season with black pepper and salt.
- now add the besan or gram flour.
- stir well and pour 2 cups water.
- bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- switch off the fire and let the soup mixture cool.
- when the mixture’s heat has reduced or has become warm, then blend with a hand
- blender or in a mixer till smooth.
- check the seasoning and add some more salt or pepper if required.
- if the soup looks thick, then add ¼ or ½ cup water and stir.
- keep the well blended spinach/palak soup back on the stove for simmering for 2-3 minutes.
- serve palak soup hot sprinkled with some freshly crushed black pepper or grated paneer, cheese or topped with some cream.