Broccoli and Walnut Soup
Recipe type: soups
Vitamin C rich ingredient - broccoli, doing wonders for your bones by enhancing protein absorption.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 medium potato , boiled and peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- For the garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (akhrot)
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions lightly.
- Add the broccoli and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook until the broccoli is done.
- Pass through a blender along with the boiled potato and make a purée.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot.