Cool Mint Cucumber Soup
Recipe type: Appetiser
Cucumber and Mint both spell “Summer”, “Refreshing”, “Cool”! This wonderful Cold Soup is a great alternative to the warm, hot soup that we are more familiar with. Try this awesome, simple yet cool soup over the summer for a party or better yest, a barbecue! For garnish add a sprig of fresh Mint and a slice of Cucumber and enjoy!
- Cucumbers -2
- Mint – a handful of leaves
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Onion – ½, med. chopped
- Jalapenos – to taste, chopped
- Garlic – 3, chopped
- Stock/Broth – 3 cups
- Sour Cream (or Hung Yogurt) – ½ cup or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – to taste
- Wash and peel the Cucumbers.
- De-seed and roughly chop them
- In a skillet, heat the Oil.
- Once hot, add in the Onions and Jalapenos and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add Garlic and cook till light golden in color.
- Transfer them into another dish to allow them to cool down faster.
- In a blender, add in the cooled Onions and Jalapenos, Cucumber, Mint Leaves and some Stock.
- Puree it till smooth.
- Add in the balance of the Stock and the Sour Cream or the Hung Yogurt and blend again.
- Season with Salt, Black Pepper and the Cumin Powder and mix again.
- Taste and adjust as needed.
- Chill for an hour in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
1. Substitutes for Sour Cream - -Hang 1 cup of Yogurt and allow it to reduce to ½ cup -Use Greek Yogurt 2. Use Home-Made Stock, Link to our recipe: