Garlic Vegetable Soup
Recipe type: soups
This nourishing concoction of vegetables and garlic is thickened using rolled oats. This helps add a creamy texture and also more fibre to this soup.
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- For the garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till the onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and pepper and allow it to come to a boil and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the oats and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.