Indian spiced red lentil soup
Recipe type: soups
High in fibre and low in saturated fat, this Indian spiced red lentil soup is sure to please!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup korma curry paste
- 1 litre salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup red lentils, rinsed
- ¼ cup pearl barley, washed
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Stir to combine.
- Stir in stock, tomato, lentils and barley. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until barley is tender. Divide between bowls. Top with coriander. Serve with bread.