South Indian pumpkin & coconut soup
Recipe type: soups
A classic winter soup enjoyed best on a cold night, with a loaf of crusty bread and lashing of butter.
- 1 x 170g pkt Continental South Indian Curry with Roasted Spices Flavour Base
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 185ml (3/4 cup) coconut cream
- 1 tbs coconut cream, extra, to serve
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh chives
- Combine the flavour base, pumpkin and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and add the coconut cream. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with a little extra coconut cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.