Tuscan vegetable and bean soup
Recipe type: soups
Get 2 and a half serves of vegies per serve with our Tuscan vegetable and bean soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g packet fresh vegetable mix (see note)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add vegetable mix. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables just start to soften.
- Add stock, tomato and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Serve with crusty Italian bread and chopped fresh parsley leaves. Fresh vegetable mix contains chopped carrot, celery, leek, turnip, parsnip, parsley, broccoli and cauliflower. It's available from supermarkets.