Thai Vegetable Soup ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: soups
A light lemon grass flavoured thai style soup packed with a wealth of all b vitamins. Try to incorporate this soup in your diet to enjoy the benefits of b-complex vitamins which are required for the metabolism of other major nutrients like carbohydrates, protein and fat.
- For The Thai Vegetable Stock
- 2 ltrs water
- 6 peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1 cup quartered onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 whole lemongrass (hare chai ki patti) stalks , chopped
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tbsp low-fat butter
- 10 garlic (lehsun) cloves (lehsun)
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup sliced and blanched mushrooms (khumbh)
- ½ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- ½ cup shredded spinach (palak)
- ½ cup sliced and blanched baby corn
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup tofu or low-fat paneer , cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- chilli powder to taste
- For the stock
- In a pot, simmer all the ingredients till they release their flavours. This should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and spring onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the thai vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Serve hot.