Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup
Recipe type: soups
A typically Mexican capsicum and sweet corn soup, this has a distinct smoky flavour. Soft, yellow sweet corn can even be eaten raw; it's that tasty! Roasting capsicum on a direct flame imparts a unique flavour and taste to this soup. So, follow the exact procedure to whip up this scrumptious soup and I assure you a delightful experience.
- 1 medium sized capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup low fat milk (99% fat free, readily available in the market)
- 1½ cups boiled sweet corn kernels
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste
- Pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over the flame until the skin blackens. Remove from the heat; rub off the burnt skin and wash thoroughly. Chop finely and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and when hot, add the onions and dry roast till they turn slightly brown.
- Add the capsicum and dry roast again for a while. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, corn and 3 cups of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add this to the onion-capsicum mixture.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 cup of water, add to the soup and bring to boil.
- Add the salt and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.