Achari Paneer Tikka
Recipe type: Snacks
Cubes of paneer, delicately marinated in a classic achari marinade and then cooked in a tandoor or tava. They can also be combined with pulao to make achari paneer pulao.
- For The Achari Marinade
- ½ cup hung curds (chakka dahi)
- 1 tbsp green chilli pickle
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¼ tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- ¼ tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp mustard (rai / sarson) oil
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 2 cups paneer cut into 37 mm. (1½ ") cubes
- For Serving
- dahiwali phudina chutney
- For the achari marinade
- Combine the curds, green chilli pickle and garlic and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Remove in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Combine the prepared curd paste and the coarse powder in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Combine the paneer and the achari marinade in a bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the marinated paneer pieces on skewers and grill on a barbeque till the paneer turns golden brown in colour from all sides.
- Remove from the skewer and serve hot with dahiwali phudina chutney.
You can use any pickle of your choice if you do not have green chilli pickle on hand.