Achaari Aloo Roll (wraps and Rolls)
Recipe type: Snacks
Achaar is synonymous with indian cuisine. Undoubtedly, it adds a brilliant touch to wraps too! lacing the spicy potato filling with aam aur chane ka achaar makes your tongue tingle with joy. I’m sure you’ll love it purely because of its simplicity. This recipe has to be planned in advance as the achaar has to be marinated for 3 to 4 days. Else, you can buy readymade aam ka achaar.
- For The Aam Aur Chane ka Achaar
- 1½ cups grated raw mangoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- ½ cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds (methi) powder
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 14 pcs whole dry Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1¼ cups mustard (rai / sarson) oil
- For The Spicy Potato Filling
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1½ cups mashed potatoes
- ½ cup boiled green peas
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 1 cup onion rings
- chaat masala to taste
- 4 rotis
- For aam aur chane ka achaar
- Combine the mangoes, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl, mix well and leave aside for 30 minutes. Squeeze out all the water from the mangoes and keep refrigerated till use.
- Soak the kabuli chana and fenugreek seeds in the mango water overnight.
- Combine the fenugreek seeds powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida, nigella seeds, whole red chillies, chilli powder, soaked kabuli chana mixture and grated mangoes in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the mustard oil in a small pan and cool completely. Add it to the prepared mixture.
- Place the pickle in a sterilised glass jar and store it in a cool dry place.
- The pickle is ready to eat after 3 to 4 days. Store it a cool dry place for upto 1 year.
- For the spicy potato filling
- Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Combine the onion rings and chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼th of the spicy potato filling in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Spread 1 tsp of aam aur chane ka achaar and arrange ¼ cup of onion rings over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.