Aloo Cheese Croquettes ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
Recipe type: Snacks
Potato rolls stuffed with chilli-garlic sauce are great as a snack for your kids and as a scrumptious starter while entertaining.
- To Be Mixed Into A Cheesy Stuffing
- 2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated processed cheese
- 3 tbsp chilli-garlic sauce
- Other Ingredients
- 4 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- ½ cup plain flour (maida)
- ¾ cup bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for deep-frying
- Combine the potatoes salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide this mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round.
- Press a little in the center of each round to make a depression. Place 1 tsp of the cheesy filling in the depression and again shape them into cylindrical croquettes.
- Combine the plain flour with ¾ cup water and mix well, till no lumps remain.
- Dip each croquette in the plain flour-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame, and deep-fry the croquettes till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot.