Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat
Recipe type: Snacks
Most of us consider sweet potatoes to be a very boring vegetable, only to be eaten during religious fasts and then too, it is only baked or boiled before it is peeled and eaten. This recipe is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be. If you omit the radish in this recipe, you can also eat this dish when "fasting".
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (shakarkand)
- 4 tbsp Green Chutney
- ½ cup Khajur Imli ki Chutney
- 1 cup curds (dahi), beaten
- ¼ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ½ cup grated white radish (mooli)
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes in salted water. Peel and cut into large cubes.
- Heat the oil in a not-stick pan and sauté the potato and sweet potato cubes till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and place in a serving dish.
- Top the cubes with the green chutney, khajur imli ki chutney, curds, black salt, cumin seed powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Garnish with the grated radish.
- Serve hot.