Babycorn, Capsicum, Paneer and Tomato On Skewer
Recipe type: Snacks
Now, this is what one would call a colourful and flavourful dish! the marinade is what makes this recipe unique. Use any vegetable of your choice, serve to your guests and win abundant praises. As this is cooked without oil, it is both nutritious and low in calories. In case skewers are not available, use toothpicks… it turns out as good as with skewers, believe me!
- ½ cup blanched baby corn , cut into 13 mm ( ½”) pieces
- ½ cup capsicum cubes
- ½ cup deseeded and cubed tomatoes
- ½ cup low fat paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- ½ cup onion cubes
- To Be Mixed Into Marinade
- ¾ cup low fat curds (dahi) , whisked
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- ½ tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) , roasted and crushed
- ¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain) , roasted and crushed
- salt to taste
- Combine the baby corn, capsicum, tomatoes, paneer, onions and the prepared marinade in a large bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate to marinate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, dry roast the marinated vegetables on it for 10 minutes or till they turn slightly brown in colour.
- Remove from the pan and pierce a piece of baby corn, capsicum, tomato, paneer and onion one after the another on a skewer or a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables to make more skewers.
- Serve hot.