Baked Tortilla Chips
Recipe type: Snacks
Here is an interesting way to make Tortilla chips with minimal oil. If you prefer the deep-fried kind, go ahead and indulge.
- ¼ cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
- ¼ cup plain flour (maida)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- plain flour (maida) for dusting
- For garnish
- sesame seeds (til)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using hot water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of plastic into a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter. Dust the tortillas generously with flour to make the rolling easier.
- Lightly cook the tortillas on a non-stick pan.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 triangular pieces.
- Place the tortilla pieces in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake at 190°C (380°F) for 7 to 8 minutes or until the tortilla chips are crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.