Baked Stuffed Potatoes ( Microwave Recipe )
Recipe type: Snacks
The potato is a gifted species… it is liked by everybody, young and old, anywhere in the world. Just boil and salt it, and it will be gobbled up in a thrice. If you go a step further and enhance it with colourful veggies and a gourmet white sauce, not to forget a dollop of butter as the finishing touch, it will make the much-loved potato even more appealing! scoop the potatoes well without breaking them, for the perfect look and feel.
- 1½ tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- 1½ tbsp grated processed cheese
- 1½ cups chopped mixed vegetables
- (carrots , french beans and green peas)
- 6 medium potatoes (old) , with the skin
- 1 cup white sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- ⅛ cup chopped onions
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- Combine mozzarella cheese and processed cheese in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Place the mixed vegetables in a shallow microwave safe dish, sprinkle 2 to 3 tbsp of water over it and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a glass of water in the centre of the turntable, arrange the potatoes around it microwave on high for 9 minutes or until baked.
- Cut the potatoes vertically into two halves.
- Scoop out the centres of the potatoes and keep aside.
- Combine the white sauce, 1½ tbsp of cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 seconds. Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once in between after 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables, scooped portion of the potatoes, chilli powder, soya sauce and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring once in between after 30 seconds.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Stuff each potato half with a portion of the stuffing.
- Arrange the stuffed potatoes in a shallow microwave safe dish and spread a little white sauce and cheese over it.
- Dot with the butter and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.