Banana Walnut Pancakes
Recipe type: Snacks
The natural sweetness of the bananas and the salty, nutty flavour of walnuts are a heavenly match, be it in salads, cakes, loaves or pancakes. Easily and quickly made, these banana walnut pancakes are delicious, with a tempting aroma characteristic of sweet pancakes cooked in butter. Drizzle a little jam or honey on top and serve hot to your loved ones, for a perfect start to their day and yours.
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 2 ripe bananas , mashed
- ½ cup walnuts (akhrot) , finely chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Other Ingredients
- butter to cook
- honey or jam to serve
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter, making sure that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, spread about 3 to 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the batter to make a thick pancake of about 100 mm. (4") diameter.
- Cook the pancake over a medium heat, using a little butter to cook both sides until golden brown.
- Repeat the same for the remaining batter to make about 8 pancakes.
- Serve hot with honey or jam.
Use over-ripe bananas foe best results.