Bhel ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
Recipe type: Snacks
Bhel needs no introduction! this all-time favourite road-side snack has been transformed into a tasty and healthy protein-rich snack that provides only 160 calories without compromising on the taste. All the fried and high-calorie ingredients have been replaced with low-calorie alternatives, such as baked puri, page…, and sev, page…. Adding moong sprouts packs this snack with much-needed proteins. Go ahead and savour this snack without hustling your conscience.
- 1½ cups puffed rice (kurmura)
- ⅓ cup boiled moong (whole green gram) sprouts
- 6 to 7 baked puris, crushed
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 6 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
- 6 tbsp green chutney,
- 2 tsp chopped fresh green mangoes (optional)
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- ½ recipe baked sev
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Serve immediately garnished with baked sev and coriander.
Adjust the quantities of the chutneys as per taste.